Olympiads were just made mandatory in all schools. National tournaments are introduced to students at a young age. Exams promote concept-based learning and logical thinking, and they provide students with the opportunity to compete while also helping them better understand their own talents in any topic. This article has detailed notes on Science Chapter 3 For Class 3: Water, air, and rocks The environment provides natural resources such as air and water. Rocks, on the other hand, are thought to be the foundation of a dynamic planet. In other terms, a rock is a complicated substance that helps to construct a mountain.
Science Olympiad Questions Class 3
Science Class 3 Chapter 5: Housing and Clothing
Our home protects us from the elements, such as heat, cold, storms, and rain. It also deters animals and burglars. All around us, we see numerous sorts of dwellings. Our specifications dictate the sorts of residences we create. A kachcha home is made of mud and straw. It is usually seen in towns and villages. It’s not particularly potent. Bricks, iron, wood, glass, and cement are used to build pakka houses. It is typically seen in urban areas. It has tremendous power. A pakka house is a multi-story structure. It is divided into various tiers. On separate levels, several families might dwell.
A good house
A decent home should provide us with all we require to feel safe and comfortable. A decent house should include the following features:
For ventilation, there should be plenty of windows and doors. It should be exposed to sunshine and fresh air. The sun destroys germs while also keeping rooms dry. When we breathe clean, fresh air, we are healthier.
Put wire netting over the windows and doors. This repels flies and mosquitos while letting air and sunshine to pass through accordingly.
It should be equipped with adequate wire netting to keep flies and mosquitoes far from the sewage system. Drains transporting water from the kitchen and bath should be appropriately covered to keep mosquitoes away. The flooring in the kitchen and bathrooms should be slanted accordingly.
It should have open spaces like a verandah, a courtyard, as well as balconies. Veranda balconies provide plenty fresh air and room for youngsters to play.
It should be surrounded by a large number of plants. Plants both cleanse and beautify their surroundings accordingly.
A Clean house
We must maintain our houses tidy. Insects that spread illnesses as well as make humans sick include mosquitoes, houseflies, and cockroaches. We may get rid of them by regularly cleaning our house.
We should do the following to maintain our house clean:
- Furniture should be dusted and cleaned on a regular basis.
- The floor should be cleaned and mopped every day.
- Germicides such as phenyl should be used while cleaning the floor.
- To keep our house looking nice and tidy, everything must be kept in its right position.
- The toilet as well as bathroom should be disinfected each day.
- Rubbish bins should be enclosed to keep pests that carry illnesses at bay.
- Regular washing of bed linens and curtains is required.
- A clean house suggests a healthy and happy family.
Fibers and Clothes
Early people utilized leaves and animal carcasses skin to wrap their body. People use garments nowadays not merely to hide our body, but also to represent ourselves.
- Humans maintain ourselves comfortable in the cold.
- Humans must shield ourselves from sun’s rays in the summertime.
- We should be cautious about rain and bug attacks.
- You look great.
Fibres are used to make clothing. There are two kinds of fibres:
a) Organic fibres
Plants as well as animals both provide natural fibres. Cotton as well as jute are natural fibres. Wool and silk are both made from animals.
b) Artificial (human-made)
Human-made or synthetic fibres are those created in factories by humans. Synthetic fibres include nylon, terry cot, and polyester.
Considerations for Housing and Clothing
- We require a house in order to survive and to protect ourselves from the elements such as heat, cold, rain, and animals.
- Kachcha dwellings are composed of mud and straw and are not particularly durable.
- Pakka home is incredibly strong and composed of bricks, iron, and cement.
- Igloos, caravans, and stilt houses are examples of specialty dwellings.
- A decent house ought to have sufficient ventilation, wire netting doors and windows, a strong sewage system, plenty of plants, and open areas like verandahs and terraces.
- Natural and synthetic fibers are the two types.
- We wear woolly clothes in the winter as well as cotton linen garments in the summertime.
Prepare for your Olympiad coaching in Science Class 3 Chapter 5 with the Olympiad Genius by interacting with one of the greatest educators from IIT, NIT, as well as other institutions!
To know more: https://blog.schoolconnectonline.com/
Explore more at: https://www.schoolconnectonline.com/