NTSE 2020 Eligibility Criteria Stage 1 and Stage 2
The NTSE 2020 eligibility criteria for the entrance examination has been declared by the exam conducting authority. The examination is scheduled to take place in the month of December 2020.. National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is a national-level scholarship examination conducted every year by the National Council of Education Research and Training (NCERT).It aims at identifying talented students through a two-tier examination process. Interested candidates can apply for the examination from its official portal.
There are certain eligibility norms laid out by the conducting body of the examination that candidates must check before filling the Application Form of NTSE 2020. After checking the eligibility criteria, candidates must check How to Apply for NTSE and then start with the form filling procedure.
The NTSE 2020 eligibility criteria include the minimum age, educational qualification, nationality, etc. It is important for interested applicants to qualify all of these norms in order to be competent enough to appear in the examination. Check out more details related to NTSE 2020 eligibility criteria mentioned below.
Eligibility Criteria for the First Stage of NTSE 2020
According to NCERT, there are certain criteria that one should keep in mind before applying for the first round of NTSE.The criteria is:
- All the students who are studying in class 10th in recognized school namely Navodaya Vidyalaya, Kendriya Vidyalaya, Sainik School, etc are eligible to appear for the first stage of the examination.
- The student should be below 18 years on the 1st July of the year of examination.
- The candidate should not be employed.
- Aspirants registered under Open and/or Distance Learning are eligible for the scheme.
- The nationality of the students should be Indian, irrespective of whether she/he studies in India or Abroad.
- The state may also set some eligibility criteria other than the existing ones for appearing in the screening examination. It can include a certain percentage requirement in the previous annual examination.
Eligibility Criteria for the Second Stage of NTSE 2020
In order to appear for the second round of NTSE 2020, candidates must fulfill a different set of eligibility criteria laid down by the NCERT. These eligibility norms will be valid for candidates studying in India and the ones studying abroad.
Eligibility Criteria for NTSE 2020 for Candidates Studying in India
- The candidate must be appearing in class 10th for the first time.
- The candidate must have proof of Indian nationality.
- Only the candidate who has been selected on the basis of the first stage screening examination by the Union Territories and States shall be eligible to sit in the second stage of the examination.
Eligibility Criteria for NTSE 2020 for Candidates Studying in Abroad
- Students with Indian nationality studying abroad in 10th or equivalent grade will be excused from the state-level round and will be permitted to directly sit in the second level of the examination.
- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 60% aggregate at the previous annual examination.
- It is important for candidates to be a part of a recognised and reputed foreign institution. Documents stating the recognition of the institution must also accompany candidates of Indian nationality studying abroad.
- Based on national norms, the candidates belonging to Schedule Caste category have been given 15% reservation.
- 7.5% of the total seats are reserved for the students belonging to Scheduled Tribes.
- Physically Challenged applicants or candidates with Benchmark Disabilities have been given a provision of 4% reservation.
- The candidates belonging to OBC category will be given a 27% reservation as per the new rules prescribed by NCERT.
- It is to note that the same reservation provisions will be implied for the Scholarship Scheme of NCERT.
NTSE 2020 Important Pointers
- The candidate has to appear in the examination at a centre in India at his/her own expenses.
- The candidate should request a self-attested copy of the mark sheet of 9th grade from the Head of the Institution which should reach the Head of the Department of Educational Survey Division by December 31 of the concerned year.
- The scholarship will be paid to the selected candidate to pursue studies in India only.
- No changes in the exam centre will be entertained except in genuine cases. The instructions for such changes will be issued from NCERT.
Reference Links –
Other National and International Level Olympiads
|AI Olympiad||International Artificial Intelligence Olympiad 2020-21|
|Coding Olympiad||International Coding Olympiad 2020-21|
|IMO||International Maths Olympiad 2020-21|
|ISO||International Science Olympiad 2020-21|
|KVPY||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana|
Learn with best notes,free videos,practice questions and mock tests with School Connect Online for free demo click here