NEET is a short form for National Eligibility Entrance Test. Formerly called the All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT). It is a masterstroke that every student has to hit if he or she aspires to flourish in the medical field. NEET is a test for qualifying MBBS and BDS programs in Indian medical and dental colleges. These exams are conducted under the surveillance of the National Testing Agency in a nutshell known as NTA.
NTA is an autonomously independent and self-sustained testing organization. Prior to the National Test Agency’s takeover over the possession of conducting the NEET test, this examination was conducted under the supervision of CBSE also known as the Central Board of Secondary Education provides around 90,000 NEET seats for MBBS and BDS Colleges of India including abroad as well. NEET is conducted annually in May.
Moreover, as per the Government norms, it is mandatory to qualify NEET exam in order to be eligible for studying medical courses.
Eligibility criteria for NEET 2022
- NEET is a mandatory exam that an aspiring candidate has to clear for getting admission to Indian/Overseas medical universities and institutions in India.
- Limitation of age: Age bar for General students is between 17 to 25 years (on or before 31st December of the same year). In case the candidate lies under the category of SC/ST/OBC/PWD the age bar is set at 17 to 30 years.
- All India Quota seats: Foreign aspirants and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), NRIs, Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible for the perks of reservation under the total 15% seats of All India Quota. However, the candidates who hail from J&K are not eligible for the perk of the 15% All India Quota.
- Qualification: it is mandatory for each candidate who wants to be eligible for the exam must have appeared in their class 12 board exam:
- Candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree of B.Sc. with any two of Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) or Biotechnology from any of the reputed Indian University.
- Moreover, the candidate must have excelled in their first year of the University’s three years’ bachelor’s degree course in PCB.
- Number of Attempts – there is no limitation of attempts as all the candidates can appear for the NEET exam as many times as they want until they surpass the mentioned age limit for appearing in the NEET exam.
Minimum marks required for the individual category
- 50% marks are required for the General category
- 45% marks are mandatory for SC/ST/OBC class.
NTA NEET 2022 Registration Process
Interested students are required to apply online on www.ntaneet.nic.in.
After logging in, fill your name, e-mail id, gender, mobile no., and academic details. You also need to upload the necessary documents as mentioned below.
The documents required to apply for NEET 2022 are:
The scanned copies of the following documents are required to be submitted along with the online application form-
The list of documents varies according to the nationality of the candidates.
• Indian Nationals – Aadhaar Number,
Election Identity Card, Ration card number, Passport Number and Bank account number
• NRIs – Passport Number, Aadhaar Number
• OCI/PIO- Passport Number
Application fee for NEET (UG) 2022 exams
Category Fees (INR)
• General & OBC category students are required to pay INR 1400 + GST & service tax
• SC/ST/PWD/Transgender candidates are required to pay INR 750 + GST & service tax
The fees can be paid online through net banking or debit/credit card and in cash (e-challan) paid at all-India State Bank of India branches.
Important Dates for NEET Exam 2022
Before Start NEET 2022 Preparation. Aspirants Need to Know the Complete process & important Exam Date or Application form of NEET 2022