NTSE holds utmost importance as it belongs to a veteran category of exams and is systematized by the Government of India. NTSE stands for National Talent Search Examination. NTSE is designed to seek young talent and provide them with National level scholarships. NTSE not only grants scholarships to the worthy students but acknowledges the nation’s talent. https://bestlearns.in/ntse-eligibility-criteria.
NTSE is conducted under the supervision of NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training). NTSE is peculiarly devised for the students studying in the 10th standard. It provides an opportunity for the students to exhibit their talent in front of the nation.
NTSE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
NTSE exam is conducted in two stages, namely:
- Stage I-State Level
- Stage II-National Level
NTSE Eligibility Criteria
- Stage I- State Level Exams
- A candidate should have scored a minimum percentage of marks is 60 and a candidate should hail from an acknowledged school of their respective Union Territory or State.
- The candidate belonging to Open and Distance Learning can also avail of NTSE’s perks but their age should be below 18 years. Moreover, the candidate should not be employed and for the first time appearing for their 10th standard board exams.
- Candidates from any State or Union Territory can enroll for NTSE exams.
- Stage II- National Level Exams
- Only those candidates are eligible for stage two who have qualified the stage one i.e. State level exam. Details regarding the same are made available by the NCERT on its official website.
- Candidates who are natives abroad
- Candidates who enroll for NTSE and are living in some other country are exempted from the stage one exam that is State level and only have to appear in the second stage of the exam which is the National level exam.
- The candidate should have scored approx 60 percent in their previous annual exams.
- It is mandatory for the candidate applying for the NTSE exam to write his or her paper in a center in India.
- The candidate who is selected can only avail of the perks of the NTSE scholarship if he or she pursues studies in India.
Overview of NTSE Exams
|Exam Name||National Talent Search Examination (NTSE)|
|Organizing Body||NCERT – The National Council of Educational Research and Training|
|Frequency of Exam||Annually|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||4hrs (2hrs MAT and 2hrs SAT)|
One thought on “National Talent Search Examination(NTSE)”