Introducing Coding From Class 6 Its Impact
Introducing young brilliant minds to coding will definitely kindle the passion inherent in them. Coding and Programming Languages will never cease to fascinate students. Knowing the basics of Coding will help the students realise their potential and cultivate interest in this flourishing field. However, the curriculum must include this new subject in such a way that the tender minds of Class 6 students find it interesting and engaging. Introducing Coding From Class 6 Its Impact
- Learning to code is not a mandatory requirement for a person to operate a computer efficiently. Hence, it is essential to avoid exaggerating the importance of coding for the next-gen workforce otherwise instead of becoming a fruitful venture, this will turn out to be a rat race.
- Serious concerns are already being raised regarding the amount of time consumed by technology among today’s children. Educators and parents will have to work together to ensure that this does not have an impact on the time children spend interacting, playing and bonding with friends and family in the real world.
- Many countries that have witnessed a digital revolution are facing the issue of their youth losing touch with reality and becoming workaholics. India will also have to find a solution to stop its workforce from becoming a mere cog in the machine and instead help them become valuable contributors taking the country forward.
- Coding can be a difficult subject and seeing its potential benefits, many parents might feel inclined to push their children towards learning to code. The educators will have to ensure that they design the curriculum to be fun, engaging and creative to develop the intended qualities in children instead of just focusing on rote learning and writing programmes.
- While this cannot be strictly termed as a disadvantage, some have pointed out that it is yet to be seen what, if any, impact these next-generation coders will have on the employability of current-gen engineers.
The need to point out the disadvantages of the introduction of coding at an early age arises only when it is made a mandatory subject. Since that is not the case here and students are free to decide on their subject, it has become much easier to discern its benefits which, in fact, outweigh the demerits.
Reference Links –
Learn with best notes,free videos,practice questions and mock tests with School Connect Online for free demo click here