International English Olympiad (IEO)
The International English Olympiad (IEO) is a one-of-a-kind Olympiad that emphasizes the importance of English in academics, daily life, and its relevance in today’s global world. It will concentrate on general English, comprehension, grammar, and writing abilities. The questions will be simple and interactive, and the students will love answering them.
The International English Olympiad (IEO) exam seeks to improve students’ English spelling, grammar, sentence structure, and language mastery. Language learning is a never-ending process. There is always room for development in such issues. This can only be accomplished via sheer hard work, a passion for the subject, and a deep dive into dedication.
- Homonyms and Homophones
- Analogies and Spellings
- One word
- Phrasal verbs
- Collocations and Words related to Travel, Locations, Activities, etc
- Word order
- Voices and Narration
Total number of questions: 50
Time allotted: 1 hr.
Section 1: Travel Spellings, Collocations, and Words, Homonyms and Homophones, and so on. One word, Phrasal Verbs, Idioms, Modals, Word order, Nouns, Pronouns, Verbs, Adverbs, Adjectives, Articles, Prepositions, Conjunctions, Punctuation, Tenses, Voices and Narration, etc.
Section 2: Find and retrieve information from a variety of text forms such as news articles, brochures, professional and casual communications, and adverts. Understand the information provided in news stories, brochures, itineraries, and so on. Gain a comprehensive grasp of and search for specific information in brief narratives, biographies, notices, messages, and so on.
Section 3: Understanding of situational differences in functions such as requesting and denying, apologizing, declaring preferences, expressing intent, etc.
Section 4: Higher Order Thinking Questions — Syllabus from Sections 1–3
The goal of the English Olympiad exam
The goal of the English Olympiad exam is to develop students’ skills by familiarizing them with basic important themes. As a result, the Indian Talent Olympiad exam provides students with the opportunity to compete in national and international English Olympiad events. This exam is taken by students from various schools across the country. The exam assesses knowledge and proficiency in the English language. The exam is offered to students in grades 1 through 10. It helps them in becoming fluent in the English language.
How to register?
To register for the International English Olympiad (IEO) click here.
Class: To be eligible for this exam, you must be a student in Classes 1–12.
Boards: You must be an SSC, ICSE, or CBSE student.
Qualification for the second level examination: The top 5% of students (per class) also have a benchmark percentile score while taking the first level exam.
Class toppers from each participating school; when at least 10 students compete and score at least 50%.
- Year of attempt: You can apply for International Olympiad if you are a student in any of Classes 1 to 12.
- A number of attempts: You can only attempt any olympiad with two qualifying stages once per year.
- Year of attempt: You can apply for International Olympiad once every academic year if you are a student enrolled in any of Classes 1–12.
How should I prepare?
- The first step in preparing for the English Olympiad is for pupils to grasp the fundamentals of the language. Of course, the same is true for any other subject. However, in English, the term “basic” refers to grammar.
- Students should be well-versed in grammatical principles and thoroughly revise them.
- Every day, practice.
- Every day, learn 5-10 new words and their synonyms.
- Prepare example papers
- Do workbooks and practice sheets on many topics to remain on top of your game.
You can also register for the following Olympiads: