Eligibility for JEE Advanced On The Basis of Class 12th – 2021
- Eligibility for JEE Advance on the basis of class 12th or other equivalent exams – 2021
- The applicants should have cleared class 12th board exams or any other equivalent exam in 2020. Applicants appearing for the 2021 board exams are also eligible.
- Students are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced if the results of their class 12th board exams or any other equivalent examination for the academic year 2020 were declared after June 2020.
- Study with the School Connect Online, for more click here to register now click
The students belonging to general category must secure a minimum of 75% of marks and for students belonging to SC, ST and PWD categories must secure a minimum of 65% of marks in their class 12th board examinations or they must be from the list of category wise top 20 percentile in their respective class 12th equivalent board examinations.
- The following five subjects will be considered to calculate the cut off marks and aggregate marks for fulfilling the JEE Advanced eligibility criteria of top 20 percentile:
|Mathematics||Physics||Chemistry||Optional Languages||Elective subject|
- If the total marks scored in any of the subjects are not out of 100 then, while calculating the aggregate marks the total marks obtained will be scaled up and down to 100.
- Students who have already appeared for their 12th class board examinations in the year 2020 and are appearing for the same in the year 2021, then, out of the two results, the best performance will be recognized.
Eligibility Criteria For Foreign Nationals
Those candidates who are foreign nationals have a different set of eligibility criteria laid out for them by the authorities. As per the details provided in the official document, candidates are treated as foreign nationals if they are not citizens of India or their parents are not Indian origin and that they do not belong to either OCI/PIO category.
Some of the other information that candidates should be aware of are :
- Foreign nationals do not have the privilege of reservation of seats under any categories as directed by Govt. of India.
- These candidates are not required to write JEE Main 2020 and they can register for JEE Advanced 2021 directly as per previous data after fulfilling the required eligibility criteria.
- Identity proof of both the parents and the candidate is required in the form of citizenship certificate/Passport.
- Talking about the availability of seats, foreign nationals are allotted a maximum of 10% of the total number of seats in every course.
All foreign candidates who are planning to write the JEE Advanced exam have to first register online through the JEE Advanced website, (https://jeeadv.ac.in).
The registration fee for JEE (Advanced) 2021 applicable to foreign nationals are given in the following table.
Registration Fee For JEE (Advanced) 2021
|Registration Fee For Examination|
|Foreign Nationals||Candidates from SAARC countries||USD 75|
|Candidates from Non-SAARC counties||USD 150|
- The registration fee does not include any processing fees or service charges or any other charges that can be levied by the banks.
- Detailed instructions related to the payment of registration fee is normally provided on the online registration portal.
Documents required for registration
- 12th standard marks sheet/certificate for cut-off.
- Identity proof.
- Birth certificate for verifying the age.
- Citizenship certificate/Passport of parents.
- Testimonial (if required).
Foreign Centres Where JEE (Advanced) 2021 Will Be Held
Thee are several centres where the exam is conducted. The centres include Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), San Francisco (USA), Dubai (UAE), Kathmandu (Nepal) and Singapore.
The eligibility criteria of JEE Advanced 2021 highlights some of the minimum requirements that engineering candidates need to fulfil in order to appear for the exam. Those candidates who do not meet the eligibility requirements will not be allowed to appear for JEE Advanced.
Note: The registration for foreign nationals will begin first for JEE Advanced 2021. As for Indian candidates, the registration will open at a later stage.
Notably, it is crucial for aspirants to read and know the eligibility criteria before filling the JEE Advanced application form. If any of the requirements are not met then the students’ application will be rejected. The registration should start from the first week of May 2021. As for the exam, IIT Kharagpur has been chosen to organize and conduct the upcoming exam.
Note: We will update the dates once the official notifications are released by the exam authority.
Overview Of JEE Advanced
JEE Advanced is the second phase of IIT JEE that is mainly conducted after JEE Main. The exam is conducted every year by different IITs on a rotation basis under the supervision of IIT – JAB (Joint Admission Board). Based on the performance in the exam, students are granted admissions into various undergraduate courses (engineering, science or architecture) offered at top IITs and ISM in the country. With some recent changes, the examination will be conducted in a computer-based online test comprising of two papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2). The exam will also be carried out in two sessions on the same day. Students have to appear for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 and clear them to have their names included in the merit list.
Learn with best notes, free videos, practice questions and mock tests with School Connect Online
Link for more details JEE ADVANCE – 2021
|JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2021|
|Eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced 2021|
|What are the benefits of knowing the exam pattern of JEE Advanced? – 2021|
|Eligibility for JEE Advance on the basis of class 12th and other equivalent exams|
Frequently Asked Questions On JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria
I appeared in Class XII examination for the first time in 2020. Am I eligible for JEE Advanced 2021?
Yes, you are eligible provided you satisfy other eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced as well.
What is the relaxation period for ST, SC and PwD aspirants?
Five years relaxation is given to SC, ST and PwD candidates.
Is it mandatory to write JEE Main in order to be eligible for JEE Advanced?
Yes, it is mandatory to appear for JEE Main and also clear the exams.
How many JEE Main candidates are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced?
A total of 2.50 lakh AIR holders of JEE Main will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
What subjects are considered for JEE Advanced eligibility?
For JEE Advanced the minimum qualifying mark is 75% in class 12. Candidates need to have studied subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English or Hindi.
Important Links for reference
Other National and International Level Olympiads
|AI Olympiad||International Artificial Intelligence Olympiad 2020-21|
|Coding Olympiad||International Coding Olympiad 2020-21|
|IMO||International Maths Olympiad 2020-21|
|ISO||International Science Olympiad 2020-21|
|KVPY||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana|
For free demo click here
School Connect Online Blog Site –https://bestlearns.in/