Eligibility for JEE Advanced On The Basis of Class 12th – 2021
- For eligibility for JEE Advanced based on the Class 12th or equivalent exams in 2021, the following criteria apply:
- Candidates must have cleared their Class 12th board exams or any other equivalent examination in 2020.
- Applicants who are appearing for the 2021 board exams are also eligible to apply.
- In the case of candidates whose Class 12th board exam results or equivalent examination results for the academic year 2020 were declared after June 2020, they are considered eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
- For enhanced studying experience, consider utilizing School Connect Online. To register and access more information, please click here.
In addition to the eligibility criteria mentioned earlier, there are specific requirements regarding the minimum percentage of marks for different categories in the Class 12th board examinations:
- For students belonging to the General category, a minimum of 75% aggregate marks is required in the Class 12th board examinations.
- For students belonging to the SC, ST, and PWD categories, a minimum of 65% aggregate marks is required in the Class 12th board examinations.
Alternatively, candidates can also be eligible if they are among the top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective Class 12th equivalent board examinations.
These criteria are implemented to ensure that students meet the academic standards and demonstrate proficiency in their Class 12th studies.
- For determining the eligibility criteria of being in the top 20 percentile, the calculation of cutoff marks and aggregate marks will be based on the performance in the following five subjects:
|Mathematics||Physics||Chemistry||Optional Languages||Elective subject|
- If the total marks obtained in any of the subjects are not out of 100, the marks will be scaled up or down to a maximum of 100 while calculating the aggregate marks for JEE Advanced eligibility.
- For students who have already appeared for their Class 12th board examinations in 2020 and are also appearing for the exams in 2021, the better performance between the two results will be considered and recognized for the purpose of JEE Advanced eligibility.
- This provision ensures that students’ best performance is acknowledged, allowing them to showcase their academic capabilities in the most favorable manner.
Eligibility Criteria For Foreign Nationals
Foreign nationals have a separate set of eligibility criteria established by the authorities for their participation in JEE Advanced. As per the official document, candidates are considered foreign nationals if they are not Indian citizens, their parents are not of Indian origin, and they do not fall under the OCI/PIO category.
It is important to note the following details for foreign nationals:
- Reservation of seats under any category, as directed by the Government of India, is not applicable to foreign nationals.
- Foreign nationals are not required to appear for JEE Main 2020 and can directly register for JEE Advanced 2021, provided they meet the necessary eligibility criteria.
- Citizenship certificates or passports serve as identity proof for both the parents and the candidate.
- In terms of seat availability, foreign nationals are allocated a maximum of 10% of the total seats in each course.
- All foreign candidates intending to take the JEE Advanced exam must first register online through the official JEE Advanced website (https://jeeadv.ac.in).
- The registration fee for JEE (Advanced) 2021 for foreign nationals is specified in the table provided.
It is crucial for foreign nationals to be aware of these specific guidelines and procedures in order to ensure a smooth registration and participation process in JEE Advanced.
Registration Fee For JEE (Advanced) 2021
|Registration Fee For Examination|
|Foreign Nationals||Candidates from SAARC countries||USD 75|
|Candidates from Non-SAARC countries||USD 150|
- The registration fee mentioned does not cover any additional charges such as processing fees, service charges, or other charges that may be imposed by the banks.
- Comprehensive guidelines regarding the payment of the registration fee are typically provided on the online registration portal. These instructions offer detailed information and instructions to facilitate the payment process.
- It is important for candidates to carefully review and follow the instructions provided to ensure that the registration fee is paid accurately and without any complications or misunderstandings.
Documents required for registration
- 12th standard marks sheet/certificate for cut-off.
- Identity proof.
- Birth certificate for verifying the age.
- Citizenship certificate/Passport of parents.
- Testimonial (if required).
Foreign Centres Where JEE (Advanced) 2021 Will Be Held
JEE Advanced 2021 is conducted at various centers including Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), San Francisco (USA), Dubai (UAE), Kathmandu (Nepal), and Singapore.
The eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced 2021 outline the minimum requirements that engineering candidates must fulfill in order to be eligible for the exam. Candidates who fail to meet these criteria will not be permitted to appear for JEE Advanced.
Please note that the registration process for foreign nationals will commence prior to that of Indian candidates for JEE Advanced 2021. The registration dates for Indian candidates will be announced at a later stage.
It is essential for aspirants to carefully read and understand the eligibility criteria before filling out the JEE Advanced application form. Failure to meet any of the specified requirements will result in the rejection of the student’s application. The registration process is expected to commence in the first week of May 2021. The exam will be organized and conducted by IIT Kharagpur.
Please note that the dates mentioned here will be updated once the official notifications are released by the exam authorities.
Overview Of JEE Advanced
JEE Advanced is the second phase of the IIT JEE examination, which is typically conducted following the JEE Main. Each year, different IITs take turns to organize the exam under the supervision of IIT – JAB (Joint Admission Board). The purpose of the exam is to offer admissions to various undergraduate courses (engineering, science, or architecture) at esteemed IITs and ISM in the country.
In recent times, there have been some changes in the exam format. It is now conducted as a computer-based online test consisting of two papers, namely Paper 1 and Paper 2. The exam is held in two sessions on the same day. To be eligible for inclusion in the merit list, students must appear for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 and successfully clear them.
Enhance your learning experience with top-quality notes, free educational videos, comprehensive practice questions, and realistic mock tests provided by School Connect Online.
Link for more details JEE ADVANCE – 2021
|JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2021|
|Eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced 2021|
|What are the benefits of knowing the exam pattern of JEE Advanced? – 2021|
|Eligibility for JEE Advance on the basis of class 12th and other equivalent exams|
Frequently Asked Questions On JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria
I appeared in Class XII examination for the first time in 2020. Am I eligible for JEE Advanced 2021?
Yes, you are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced, provided you fulfill the other eligibility criteria as well.
What is the relaxation period for ST, SC and PwD aspirants?
A relaxation of five years is granted to candidates belonging to SC, ST, and PwD categories.
Is it mandatory to write JEE Main in order to be eligible for JEE Advanced?
Yes, it is mandatory for candidates to appear for JEE Main and successfully clear the examination in order to be eligible for JEE Advanced.
How many JEE Main candidates are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced?
A total of 2.50 lakh candidates who secure All India Ranks (AIR) in JEE Main will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
What subjects are considered for JEE Advanced eligibility?
For JEE Advanced, candidates are required to attain a minimum qualifying mark of 75% in their class 12 examinations. It is essential for candidates to have studied subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and either English or Hindi.
Important Links for reference
Other National and International Level Olympiads
|AI Olympiad||International Artificial Intelligence Olympiad 2020-21|
|Coding Olympiad||International Coding Olympiad 2020-21|
|IMO||International Maths Olympiad 2020-21|
|ISO||International Science Olympiad 2020-21|
|KVPY||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana|
For free demo click here
School Connect Online Blog Site –https://bestlearns.in/
22 thoughts on “Eligibility for JEE Advanced On The Basis of Class 12th – 2021”