Download CBSE syllabus reduced by 30%: Check deleted syllabus of CBSE Class 10
CBSE takes into consideration the Covid pandemic and reduces the syllabus to lower the stress on young children. CBSE has published the revised syllabus for all subjects of Class 10. The board has rationalised the syllabus of all subjects upto 30%. Many topics have been deleted from the original syllabus of each subject. Check deleted syllabus of CBSE Class 10
All the CBSE students who entered class 10th this year must go through this latest syllabus to understand the course structure for the upcoming part of the current academic session and do their studies in an organised manner.
Students can also get here the NCERT Books and NCERT Solutions for all important subjects of class 10 that will help you in active learning while doing self-study at home.
CBSE Class 10 Deleted Topics of Science PDF 2020-21: Download New CBSE Deleted Topics of Science
Deleted Portion (Theory)
● Under Unit I:Chemical Substances – Nature and Behaviour
o Metals and Non-metals: Basic Metallurgical processes; Corrosion and its prevention
o Carbon and its Compounds: Nomenclature of carbon compounds containing functional groups (halogens, alcohol, ketones, aldehydes, alkanes and alkynes), difference between saturated hydro carbons and unsaturated hydrocarbons. Chemical properties of carbon compounds (combustion, oxidation, addition and substitution reaction). Ethanol and Ethanoic acid (only properties and uses), soaps and detergents.
● Under Unit II: World of Living
o Control and co-ordination in animals and plants: Tropic movements in plants; Introduction of plant hormones; Control and co-ordination in animals: Nervous system; Voluntary, involuntary and reflex action; Chemical co-ordination: animal hormones.
o Heredity and Evolution: Basic concepts of evolution.
● Under Unit III: Natural Phenomena
o The Human Eye and the Colourful World: Functioning of a lens in Human eye, defects of vision and their corrections, applications of spherical mirrors and lenses
● Under Unit IV: Effects of Current
o Magnetic Effects of Electric Current: Electric Generator, Direct current. Alternating current: frequency of AC. Advantage of AC over DC. Domestic electric circuits.
● Under Unit V: Natural Resources
Sources of energy: Different forms of energy, conventional and non-conventional sources of energy: Fossil fuels, solar energy; biogas; wind, water and tidal energy; Nuclear energy. Renewable versus non-renewable sources of Energy.
● DELETED PRACTICALS
1. Finding the pH of the following samples by using pH paper/universal indicator:
o Dilute Hydrochloric Acid o Dilute NaOH solution
o Dilute Ethanoic Acid solution
o Lemon juice o Water
o Dilute Hydrogen Carbonate solution
2. Determination of the equivalent resistance of two resistors when connected in series and parallel.
3. Preparing a temporary mount of a leaf peel to show stomata.
4. Study of the following properties of acetic acid (ethanoic acid):
o solubility in water
o effect on litmus
o reaction with Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate
5. Study of the comparative cleaning capacity of a sample of soap in soft and hard water.
6. Finding the image distance for varying object distances in case of a convex lens and drawing corresponding ray diagrams to show the nature of image formed.
7. Identification of the different parts of an embryo of a dicot seed (Pea, gram or red kidney bean).
● Internal Assessment
Management of natural resources: Conservation and judicious use of natural resources. Forest and wildlife; Coal and Petroleum conservation. Examples of people’s participation in the conservation of natural resources. Big dams: advantages and limitations; alternatives, if any. Water harvesting. Sustainability of natural resources.
16 thoughts on “Class 10th CBSE Science deleted topics in 2020-21”