Social Science is a mandatory subject up to the secondary stage of school. Studying Social Science will help students in gaining a broad understanding of society and social relationship. It is also very important for the preparation of NTSE, Civil Services and many other competitive exams.
Students can check CBSE syllabus reduction, deleted Subject and Chapter-wise New CBSE Syllabus for the academic year 2020-21 on its official Website. Students can download the CBSE Reduced Syllabus 2020-2021 Subject and Section-wise through the direct link from this article.
CBSE syllabus for Class 9 Social Science for academic 2020-2021 is issued by the Board which includes the complete course structure, marks weightage, time duration, assignments and projects.
Students of Class 9 CBSE students should have a thorough knowledge of the social science syllabus so that they can prepare themselves accordingly.
Teachers always refer to the syllabus of the subject. So, students are advised to go through the syllabus before setting foot on the preparation.
Download CBSE Class 9 Social Science Revised Syllabus PDF 2020-2021
Class 9 students can get their latest CBSE syllabus of Social Science for the academic year 2020-2021 as per the guidelines of the CBSE Board.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Social Science with Marking Scheme
|Time: 3 Hrs. Max. Marks: 80|
|No.||Units||No. of Periods||Marks|
|I||India and the Contemporary World – II||46||20|
|II||Contemporary India – I||37||20|
|III||Democratic Politics – I||37||20|
CBSE Class 9 Social Science Project Work
05 Periods, 05 Marks
1. Every student has to compulsorily undertake one project on Disaster Management
2. Objectives: The main objectives of giving project work on Disaster Management to the students are to:
a. create awareness in them about different disasters, their consequences and management
b. prepare them in advance to face such situations
c. ensure their participation in disaster mitigation plans
d. enable them to create awareness and preparedness among the community.
3. The project work should also help in enhancing the Life Skills of the students.
4. If possible, various forms of art may be integrated in the project work.
5. In order to realize the expected objectives completely, it would be required of the Principals / teachers to muster support from various local authorities and organizations like the Disaster Management Authorities, Relief, Rehabilitation and the Disaster Management Departments of the States, Office of the District Magistrate/ Deputy Commissioners, Fire Service, Police, Civil Defense etc. in the area where the schools are located.
6. The distribution of marks over different aspects relating to Project Work is as follows:
|a||Content accuracy, originality and analysis||2|
|b||Presentation and creativity||2|
7. The project carried out by the students should subsequently be shared among themselves through interactive sessions such as exhibitions, panel discussions, etc.
8. All documents pertaining to assessment under this activity should be meticulously maintained by the schools.
9. A Summary Report should be prepared to highlight:
a. objectives realized through individual work and group interactions;
b. calendar of activities;
c. innovative ideas generated in the process ;
d. list of questions asked in viva voce.
10. It is to be noted here by all the teachers and students that the projects and models prepared should be made from eco-friendly products without incurring too much expenditure.
11. The Project Report should be handwritten by the students themselves.
12. The record of the project work (internal assessment) should be kept for a period of three months for verification, if any.
Download CBSE Class 9 Deleted Social Science Syllabus PDF 2020-21
The below table shows the deleted portion of CBSE Class 9 Social Science syllabus 2020-21.
|S. No.||Chapter No. and Chapter Name (NCERT Textbook)||Deleted portion|
|UNIT 1: INDIA AND THE CONTEMPORARY WORLD – I (HISTORY)|
|1||Section 2: Livelihoods, Economies and Societies NOTE- ANY ONE OUT OF THESE TWO CHAPTERS (CH-4/CH5) Chapter IV: Forest Society and Colonialism Chapter V: Pastoralists in the Modern World||Complete Section (Both the Chapters)|
|UNIT 2: CONTEMPORARY INDIA – 1 (GEOGRAPHY)|
|2||Chapter 3: Drainage||Complete Chapter except for Map Items which will be assessed in the Examination|
|3||Chapter 6: Population||Complete Chapter|
|UNIT 3: DEMOCRATIC POLITICS – I (POLITICAL SCIENCE)|
|Chapter 2: Constitutional Design||Democratic Constitution in South Africa (Only)|
|4||Chapter 5: Democratic Rights||Complete Chapter|
|UNIT 4: ECONOMICS|
|5||Chapter 4: Food Security in India||Complete Chapter|
4 thoughts on “CBSE Class 9 Social Science Revised Syllabus for 2020-2021: Download in PDF”