CBSE Class 9 Science deleted topics 2021-22
CBSE cites the Covid pandemic to reduce syllabus.CBSE has published the revised syllabus for all subjects of Class 9. The board has rationalised the syllabus of all subjects up to 30%. Many topics have been deleted from the original syllabus of each subject.
CBSE Class 9 Deleted Science Syllabus PDF 2020-21
All the CBSE students who entered class 9th this year must go through this latest syllabus to understand the course structure for the upcoming part of the current academic session and do their studies in an organised manner.
Students can also get here the NCERT Books and NCERT Solutions for all important subjects of class 9 that will help you in active learning while doing self-study at home.
Deleted Portion (Theory)
Under Unit I: Matter-Nature and Behaviour
Matter in Our Surroundings:
Definition of matter; solid, liquid and gas; characteristics – shape, volume, density; change of state-melting (absorption of heat), freezing, evaporation (cooling by evaporation), condensation, sublimation.
Under Unit II:Organization in the Living World
Diversity in Living Organisms:Diversity of plants and animals-basic issues in scientific naming, basis of classification. Hierarchy of categories / groups, Major groups of plants (salient features) (Bacteria, Thallophyta, Bryophyta, Pteridophyta, Gymnosperms and Angiosperms). Major groups of animals (salient features) (Non-chordates upto phyla and chordates upto classes).
Under Unit III: Motion, Force and Work
Floatation: Thrust and Pressure. Archimedes’ Principle; Buoyancy; Elementary idea of Relative Density. o Sound: Nature of sound and its propagation in various media, speed of sound, range of hearing in humans; ultrasound; reflection of sound; echo and SONAR. Structure of the Human Ear (Auditory aspect only).
CBSE Syllabus For Class 9 Science 2020-21 | Download Science Syllabus
Under Unit V: Food Production
Improvement in Food Resources: Plant and animal breeding and selection for quality improvement and management; Use of fertilizers and manures; Protection from pests and diseases; Organic farming.
● DELETED PRACTICALS
1. Separation of the components of a mixture of sand, common salt and ammonium chloride (or camphor).
2. Determination of the melting point of ice and the boiling point of water.
3. Verification of the Laws of reflection of sound.
4. Determination of the speed of a pulse propagated through a stretched string/slinky (helical spring).
5. Study of the characteristics of Spirogyra, Agaricus, Moss, Fern, Pinus (either with male or female cone) and an Angiospermic plant. Draw and give two identifying features of the groups they belong to.
6. Observe the given pictures/charts/models of earthworm, cockroach, bony fish and bird. For each organism, draw their picture and record: a) one specific feature of its phylum. b) one adaptive feature with reference to its habitat.
7. Study of the external features of root, stem, leaf and flower of monocot and dicot plants.
● Internal Assessment
Theme: Natural Resources: Balance in nature
Unit IV: Our Environment Physical resources:
Air, Water, Soil. Air for respiration, for combustion, for moderating temperatures; movements of air and its role in bringing rains across India. Air, water and soil pollution (brief introduction). Holes in ozone layer and the probable damages. Bio-geo chemical cycles in nature: Water, Oxygen, Carbon and Nitrogen.
9 thoughts on “CBSE Class 9 Deleted Science Syllabus PDF 2020-21”