CBSE Syllabus for Class 12 Physics Academic Year 2020-2021
The Central Board of Secondary Education popularly known as CBSE is the nodal agency responsible for creating the CBSE syllabus for Class 12 Physics and conducting the exam. CBSE Class 12 Physics Syllabus 2021-2022
Class 12 is the most crucial stage in every student’s life.
The CBSE Syllabus for Class 12 is designed to help students develop a clear broad understanding of the course structure and its objectives. With the CBSE syllabus, Class 12 students get to know the chapters and concepts to be covered in all subjects.
To download the CBSE Syllabus for class 12 Physics click on the pdf link provided below.
The PDF also contains the list of Physics experiments consisting complete detail of the practical syllabus.
Class 12 Physics syllabus along with marking scheme and number of periods required for completing each unit.
|Unit No.||Name of Unit||No. of Periods||Marks|
|Chapter–1: Electric Charges and Fields|
|Chapter–2: Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance|
|Chapter–3: Current Electricity|
|Unit-III||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism||16||17|
|Chapter–4: Moving Charges and Magnetism|
|Chapter–5: Magnetism and Matter|
|Unit-IV||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents||19|
|Chapter–6: Electromagnetic Induction|
|Chapter–7: Alternating Current|
|Chapter–8: Electromagnetic Waves|
|Chapter–9: Ray Optics and Optical Instruments|
|Chapter–10: Wave Optics|
|Unit–VII||Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter||07||12|
|Chapter–11: Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter|
|Unit–VIII||Atoms and Nuclei||11|
|Chapter–14: Semiconductor Electronics: Materials, Devices and Simple Circuits|
CBSE Class 12 Physics Practical Syllabus
- To determine resistance per cm of a given wire by plotting a graph for potential difference versus current.
- To find the resistance of a given wire using a metre bridge and hence determine the resistivity (specific resistance) of its material.
- To verify the laws of combination (series) of resistances using a metre bridge.
To verify the laws of combination (parallel) of resistances using a metre bridge.
- To compare the EMF of two given primary cells using a potentiometer.
- To determine the internal resistance of a given primary cell using a potentiometer.
- To determine the resistance of a galvanometer by half-deflection method and to find its figure of merit.
- To convert the given galvanometer (of known resistance and figure of merit) into a voltmeter of desired range and to verify the same.
To convert the given galvanometer (of known resistance and figure of merit) into an ammeter of desired range and to verify the same.
- To find the frequency of AC mains with a sonometer.
- To find the value of v for different values of u in the case of a concave mirror and to find the focal length.
- To find the focal length of a convex mirror, using a convex lens.
- To find the focal length of a convex lens by plotting graphs between u and v or between 1/u and 1/v.
- To find the focal length of a concave lens, using a convex lens.
- To determine the angle of minimum deviation for a given prism by plotting a graph between angle of incidence and angle of deviation.
- To determine the refractive index of a glass slab using a travelling microscope.
- To find the refractive index of a liquid by using a convex lens and plane mirror.
- To draw the I-V characteristic curve for a p-n junction in forwarding bias and reverse bias.
- To draw the characteristic curve of a zener diode and to determine its reverse break down voltage.
Register with School Connect Online for studies with Notes,Free Videos,Practice Questions and Mock Tests.
CBSE Coding and Computer Syllabus Class 1 to 12
|Class 1||Coding Syllabus Class 1||Class 7||Coding Syllabus Class 7|
|Class 2||Coding Syllabus Class 2||Class 8||Coding Syllabus Class 8|
|Class 3||Coding Syllabus Class 3||Class 9||Coding Syllabus Class 9|
|Class 4||Coding Syllabus Class 4||Class 10||Coding Syllabus Class 10|
|Class 5||Coding Syllabus Class 5||Class 11||Coding Syllabus Class 11|
|Class 6||Coding Syllabus Class 6||Class 12||Coding Syllabus Class 12|