CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Biology Academic Year 2021-2022
Biology is a fundamental subject that provides a deep understanding of the natural world and the functioning of living organisms. It is a crucial subject for various competitive exams, and hence, it is essential to start preparing for it early on.
In addition to its significance in competitive exams, studying biology can also increase awareness about environmental issues, such as climate change, biodiversity loss, and pollution, and promote an understanding of their root causes and potential solutions.
Along with the complete course structure, the syllabus also provides information about the distribution of marks for each topic and subtopics and time duration for each topic. CBSE syllabus for Class 11 Biology for the academic year 2020-2021 also includes practical syllabus, assignments and project information.
Download Revised CBSE Class 11 Biology Syllabus 2020-2021 PDF
CBSE Board Class 11 Biology latest syllabus for students to download for the academic year 2021-2022
CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Biology with Marking Scheme 2021-22 (Unit-wise)
|I||Diversity of Living Organisms||15|
|II||Structural Organisation in Plants and Animals||08|
|III||Cell: Structure and Function||15|
Students can also have a look at the syllabus of all the subjects by visiting CBSE Class 11 Syllabus from www.bestlearns.in
Find also the deleted portion of the Biology syllabus 2020-21 from the link below:
CBSE Class 11 Biology Deleted Portion of the Syllabus 2020-21
CBSE Class 11 Biology Practical Syllabus and its Marks Weightage
|One Major Experiment Part A (Experiment No- 1,3)||5|
|One Minor Experiment Part A (Experiment No- 4,5, 6)||4|
|Slide Preparation Part A (Experiment No- 2)||5|
|Spotting Part B||7|
|Practical Record + Viva Voce||Credit for the student’s work over the academic session may be given||4|
|Project Record + Viva Voce||5|
CBSE Class 11 Biology Practicals
A: List of Experiments
- Explore and analyze a locally available flowering plant, belonging to Solanaceae or Liliaceae family (Poaceae, Asteraceae or Brassicaceae can be considered depending on the specific geographical location). Conduct dissection and exhibit floral whorls, anther and ovary to demonstrate different chambers (floral formulae and floral diagrams).
- Investigate the distribution of stomata on the upper and lower surfaces of leaves.
- Perform paper chromatography to separate plant pigments.
- Measure the rate of respiration in germinating seeds, flower buds or leaf tissue.
- Detect the presence of sugar in urine samples.
- Identify the presence of albumin in urine samples through a suitable test.
B: Revised Study/Observer List
- Components and functions of a compound microscope.
- Identification and examination of specimens/slides/models, such as Bacteria, Oscillatoria, Spirogyra, Rhizopus, mushroom, yeast, liverwort, moss, fern, pine, one monocotyledonous plant, one dicotyledonous plant and one lichen, with reasons.
- Identification and examination of virtual specimens/slides/models, including Amoeba, Hydra, liver fluke, Ascaris, leech, earthworm, prawn, silkworm, honeybee, snail, starfish, shark, rohu, frog, lizard, pigeon, and rabbit, with emphasis on key identifying features.
- Diversity in shape and size of animal cells and tissues, such as squamous epithelium, smooth, skeletal and cardiac muscle fibres, and mammalian blood smear, through temporary/permanent slides.
- Examination and study of mitosis in onion root tip cells and animal cells (grasshopper) from permanent slides, including identification and labelling of different stages of mitosis.
4 thoughts on “CBSE Class 11 Biology Syllabus 2021-2022”